PGA – Teaching Professional at Aliante Golf Club in North Las Vegas, NV.
PROFESSIONAL CLUB FITTER™
A golf professional since 1976 and a member of the PGA since 1981, Tim has taught golf to students in Northern and Southern California. His resume includes teaching at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex in Sacramento, recognized multiple times as a leader in the golf industry for its instruction and merchandising arenas. Tim also taught at The Harmon Club, a state-of-the-art teaching complex in Rockland, Massachusetts. Tim has received multiple awards for his expertise, including 2000 Clubfitter of the Year by the Northern California PGA, and the 2012 Clubfitter of the Year by the Southern California PGA. He was awarded the Inland Chapter of the Southern California section Clubfitter of the Year in 2002 and 2007, Teacher of the Year in 2009, and has also has received the Horton Smith and Bill Strasbaugh awards recognizing educational and service achievements in the PGA.
Tim’s teaching philosophy is based on the simple basics of hand position, posture, and body balance. He focuses on five fundamentals including swing knowledge, short game, clubs that fit, a strong flexible body, and a solid mental approach. His knowledge, commitment, and love for teaching allow him to develop any skill level in any student.
- Given over 30,000 golf lessons.
- Owned a pro shop, golf cart and bag room concession.
- Developed and managed instruction at facilities that had no previous programs
- PGA Club Fitter of the year Northern California Section
- PGA Club Fitter of the Year Southern California Section
- Inland Chapter Teacher of the Year, Horton Smith and Bill Strausbaugh award winner
- Chapter Board of Directors for seven years
Current: Teaching Professional at Aliante Golf Club, North Las Vegas, NV.
2005 to 2015: Teaching Professional at Empire Lakes Golf Course in Rancho Cucamonga Ca
- Group and individual lesson, corporate clinics and demonstrations and was the leader of the PGA sponsored “Get Golf Ready” program
2004: Teaching Professional at The Harmon Club in Rockland, Massachusetts
- All types of instruction and used state of the art technologies such as 3D motion capture, video, launch monitor data, and laser putter fitting
2000 to 2004: Director of Instruction at Temeku Hills Golf Club in Temecula, Ca.
- Developed and implemented instruction, club fitting and golf programs
1995 to 2000: Teaching professional at Haggin Oaks golf course in Sacramento, California
- Responsible for being part of a large team of teaching experts and certified fitter for over 27 brands of golf clubs
1992 to 1995: Director of Instruction at Green Tree Golf Course in Vacaville, California
- Started a very successful instruction, club fitting and junior program.
- Bachelors of Arts degree in Economics from San Diego State University